I want to Navajo ply my foaming sea singles to keep the color changes more distinct. So yesterday I tried this technique on a single I had lying around. I’m not sure what type of wool it is, it’s one of the wools I got during my spinning course. It’s sort of plum coloured. About 5-10 g at 15 wpi.
It was difficult to get the plying consistent. The first part of each loop looked great but the second part, where you pull through the new loop, looked horrible. The loop bulged out and didn’t stick together. Fortunatley after washing and beating it up in the bathtub, letting it dry with a heavy weight it actually turned out alright. So hopefully my foaming sea yarn will be OK.